NLP Video 7 – Developing a Simple Plan
NLP Training | Benefit of 1:1 Training
NLP Video 1 | Setting The Scene
NLP Video 2 | Introducing the Video Series
NLP Video 3 | Success and Fulfillment Quiz
NLP Video 4 | Frames and States
NLP Video 5 | Direction and End Goals
NLP Video 6 | Where are You Now?
NLP Video 7 | Developing a Plan
NLP Video 8 | Review Your Progress
(We also have over 66 NLP Videos on our NLP Techniques site)
Developing a Simple Plan
At the start, a plan needs:
- an end goal,
- a number (normally 2-7) of milestones or focus areas, and
- a first simple step for the first milestone.
You can then add further detail as you progress.
When I’m working with clients they often have a curious mixture of fear and excitement at this stage. Their end goal becomes real and they realise that they have to take action. Luckily the excitement usually outweighs the fear.
Rehearsing the first step
The plan isn’t complete until you can imagine taking the first small step to achieve the first milestone.
Exercise for video 7
- Write your plan on one piece of A4. You can also set your end goals and plan on the CoachingCloud platform. There are some straightforward instructions on how to do this.
- Mentally rehearse your first step.
- Determine the three best states to carry out your first step.
- Imagine completing the first step having access to those states.
- You might also imagine watching yourself taking the first step.
- Repeat the imagination exercise using what you have learned.
What’s in the next video?
The next video (video 8) is the last in this series. You now have your end goal (s) and a simple plan. Now you need to work out the daily action you need to achieve them. You also need a review process so you know what to change as you go along. Click on the link: NLP Training Video 8
Find out more! Select one of the contact methods below:
- Telephone 07944 388621 with your name, how to reach you, and the reason for the call.
- Book a telephone or Skype consultation in Michael’s on-line diary.